Both of our cameras broke this past week, so it's been a little hard to blog about the new house and the different events we've hosted since we moved it. After Robert's camera kept giving us the memory card error message I decided to dig out mine only to discover the screen went out. Luckily, I "purchased" a 3-year warranty that expires next month from the Sears sales associate back in college. This young guy definitely finagled the whole deal to "get me a good deal" and then wrote his name and number on the receit "in case the camera broke." So I guess it sometimes pays off to have guys flirt with you in college because now we get to get the camera fixed for free. It was a mess though trying to take the camera back to the retail store only to be told to call Sears and then getting the runaround on several phone calls before realizing we just have to drop it off at the repair store - conveniently a quarter mile away. :)
After moving in the new place, we hosted a 4th of July party for friends and family who had to bring their own lawn chairs because we don't have any outdoor furniture yet! Thanks to everyone who brought food and helped us have a great time. My parents brought their grill so we grilled out hamburgers and really had way too much food. But were were all happy and full by the time we made our way to downtown Homewood to watch the fireworks over Vulcan. Jake let us park in his driveway and then we set up lawn chairs in the street and watched the show with the rest of the block party. I'll try to see if anyonce took any pics and post what I can dig up. I do know Dad took a lot of video. (Most of it embarrassing stuff of us standing in front of the house while he's yelling to the neighbors walking their dog that we're "First Time Home Owners!") I'm sure it's pretty funny. The lady was actually cool about a potentially awkward moment and yelled back a "Welcome to the Neighborhood."
We've been able to meet both neighbors and then a couple across the street. Everyone is so nice. It really is like Americana with people out running and walking their dogs and saying hey to you in Publix. We even had a neighbor bring us cookies. I've enjoyed jogging through different parts of Edgewood and looking at how people have landscaped as we think about ways to fix up the yard. Robert's wants to cut the grass every three days or so because he loves the lawn mover so much. We've actually had a lot of rain lately so he hasn't been able to cut it a second time, but I think he's planning to get to it tonight.
We've really enjoyed entertaining. We had Parker and Ashley over for dinner this week and then hosted our small group last night. It's nice to have room for everyone, especially with the three children in our small group getting bigger and louder, and share what the Lord has blessed us with.
No comments:
Post a Comment