Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bama's Season Opener

Saturday we went to the Bama game with my mom and dad and had a blast at the season opener. Mom hadn't seen the new north end zone entrance and plaza, so we hung out there for a while with the statues of the national championship coaches.

I was super excited that we got to see the players get off the bus and walk into the stadium two hours before the game. I've always wanted us to have that tradition like Tennessee or Auburn, so it's nice to now have an entrance where we can do it. Saban had the players dressed in suits all classy and such. I got really excited when he came out in a Gene Stallings like grey suit, but he didn't keep it on for the game. Still, watching the players get off the bus was really cool. Wallace Gilberry's (who I've decided is my favorite player this year) mom was in front of us.

Here's the view of the plaza from the ramp. Mom and Dad had different tickets from Robert and I, but we were both in the upper deck. Robert and I were laughing at them because they thought they would beat the line and go in the gate without a line - only to discover it was the gate to the stairs (not the ramp) and that's why there was no one waiting to go in that way! They sure got their exercise!

There were some empty seats around us, so after half mom and dad came and sat next to us and Mike Williams and his family, the super nice man who gave us the tickets.

A very blurry pic of Saban on the sidelines. Dad got a great one of him getting off the bus before the game that I'll have to get from him and post to the blog.

Not as impressive as it looks considering Western Carolina is the lowest ranked team in the Southern conference and lost eight starters, but still it was nice to see us win big and play three deep.

Lots of smiles after seven touchdowns and a field goal.





This was just the coolest smoker grill ever so I had to take a pic. The smokestack is Denny Chimes! The quad was packed, and they've set up a big screen in the southwest corner for people to watch the game on.


Just to get you fired up, here's the tradition video they play on the jumbotron before the games:

No comments: