Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been insanely busy trying to get accustomed to graduate school. Last week I thought we were both insane to be working full time and taking nine hours each (which we probably are), but this week has been more manageable and I haven't been as overwhelmed. Robert actually has never been overwhelmed by class and his MBA program, so I'm trying to stress less and adopt his laid back approach! I'm actually really enjoying the new friends I've made in my Public Administration classes. And two of the three aren't that bad, though public budgeting is definitely as horrible as it sounds.
Things have also been busy since my grandfather's death. Big Daddy finally went home to be with our Lord on January 13 after a nearly 5-year battle with Alzheimer's disease. Waiting for his passing was so hard, but since the funeral I have really been encouraged and uplifted. The Lord just gave us such peace and taught us so much as a family through it all. I feel like with Big Daddy's passing and the death of our neighbor, Keith, who died of cancer in December, the Lord is really teaching Robert and I a lot about his sovereignty over death and how glorious it is that because of Christ, death has been denied the victory. I feel like he is certainly teaching us to long for Heaven.
Here are some photos from the funeral. Big Daddy's pallbearers were his five grandsons (including my three brothers) and his three grandsons -in-law (including Robert). All the guys looked so sharp in their suits and ties carrying Big Daddy's casket. I can't imagine how proud he would have been to seen that.
I have to thank everyone for all their prayers and support during this time. Our small group was wonderful - faithful prayer warriors and encouragement givers, and they even provided meals and sent flowers. Thank you guys so much. My co-workers were also wonderfully supportive, and it was a special joy to have Rob's parents come down for the funeral.
No comments:
Post a Comment