
So, kinda a weird title for a blog posting, I know, but basically Robert's old sister, Rebecca, had a baby last week and so we took some days off and headed to South Carolina to meet our new niece (who has already made her debut on this blog) and mostly play with her big brother, Tallon. Hence, our baby vacation.
We had such a great time visiting with family and basically adopting the playing, running, chasing, jeep-driving life of an active 3-year-old. Needly to say, we slept like a rock every right.
Did I also mention we ate like kings? Between my mother-in-law's unbeatable fried chicken, Papa's fried fish, Nana's breakfast, and homemade cinnamon rolls, chocolate pie, christmas cookies... Well, let's just say nothing we've eaten since then has quite been up to par.
Here's Tallen helping MiMi (Rob's mom) make christmas cookies.

Tess is just the cutest, sweetest little thing ever. I has Sara Ellen make her a sign for her nursery and it turned out just perfect. Eveyone was raving about it - from the family to the hospital staff. I can't belive I somehow didn't get a picture of it, but you can see it in the background in the picture of Tess her talented photographer Uncle Collin took on his blog. Sara Ellen is so talented. She really helped me customize the sign just perfectly. If you're shopping for a great sign check out her blog.
Tallong was eager to hold "his baby" and would periodically go over and check on her and give her a kiss, but then he got distrated trying to beat his uncle, dad, and grandfather at Hungry Hungry Hippos!



We were treated to PaPa's famous fried fish, which we all are horrible at nibbling on while it's cooking and certainly before dinner. Luckily, PaPa doesn't mind. We also enjoyed watching the SEC Championship with Papa and Nana and playing dominos with Rob's parents.














No comments:
Post a Comment