For the second year in a row, Alabama earned Rivals.com's "recruiting national championship" with 27 signees, including four 5-star players and another fourteen 4-star recruits. Yes, we knew we were going to get giant D. J. Fluker, but there were a few wishy-washy star athletes out there who even gave ole Nick a surprise by making a last minute switch to play for the Crimson Tide. The full list of signees is impressive, but here's a look at some of the big dogs who joined the good team.
Escambia High School's (Pensacola) Richardson is believed by some to be the nation's top running back. Robert says he runs like Mark Ingram, only better, harder, and stronger. Funniest headline I read about this snag: "The Rich get Richardson."
Dre Kirkpatrick
The consensus No. 1 cornerback recruit in the country from Gadsden City High School, Dre comes to Bama with teammate and standout receiver Kendall Kelly. On Wednesday he said, "Y'all ready?" before discarding a Texas hat and declaring, "It's Bama."
Brandon Moore
My personal favorite (always been prone to the big offensive linemen) is offensive tackle Brandon Moore from Carver High School in Montgomery. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder, is the No. 8 player on The Birmingham News' Super Seniors list and will make a great addition to our O-line.
"Roll Tide, ya know?" Moore said Wednesday after donning an Alabama cap. "I decided to go with my heart and commit to Alabama. I had a special relationship with their coaching staff from the beginning and that is where I felt the most comfortable."


No comments:
Post a Comment