
I'm loving this new website - Eat at Home Alabama - that features all of the food products made in Alabama so you can buy local and support local producers.
Some of my favorite Alabama-made products include Sister Schubert Rolls (the next best thing to my mother-in-law's yeast rolls), Mr. P's Sauces, Seasonings, and Marinades, and Bud's Best Cookies. (Actually took a "field trip" to the cookie plant back in the day when I was a kid. They had a train - thinking back on it now, it was more like several golf carts hooked together - which we road around the plant in, and then they gave us tons of free cookies. I'm sure that experience has influenced my liking of their product). And then there's lots of others like Mayfield ice cream, Milo's sweet tea, John's Slaw Dressing...
Two Christmases ago we made Robert's Nana and Papa (Alabama transplants to South Carolina) a gift basket of all Alabama-made foods. I was amazed at how many there were. We had a huge basket and barely even touched the surface. The whole list is on the website, along with some great recipes, coupons, and frugal meal ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment