
Earlier this month we had our now annual college reunion weekend. 2010 took us to Jacksonville, Florida to the new home of Ben and Jessica Whitworth, some close friends from college.
I so look forward to this trip every year. This is only our second year to all get together, but it has quickly become a favorite and much-needed tradition. About two years out of college we suddenly realized there were little to no more weddings to bring us all together. That's when we established this weekend trip in the spring, alternating between the hometowns of our friends. (Why spring? Because we all are staunchly committed to Alabama football and as a result manage to see each other quite frequently in the fall.)
We had such a great time with Jess, Ben, Rob, Anne, and Amy (missed you Matt - and congrats on the new job!). We're definitely getting older. Conversations revolved around home improvement, landscaping, new heating and air units, when's the best time to have children...and let's just say bedtime came much earlier than it used to. But I guess that's part of growing up. And it's so good to grow up with my best friends.
Always the perfect hosts, Jess and Ben showed us all over Jacksonville from the beach to the Budweiser plant for a free tour and tasting; it really was a blast and the closest thing to spring break we get these days.

I love these girls. They know we as well if not better than I know myself. They have been there through thick and thin. It has been a blessing to be part of there lives through college, graduation, first jobs, marriages, buying homes, etc. I know we'll all be there for each other through births of children and all the other adventures in life.
We're all blessed with wonderful husbands who dutifully hold the purses and take the million crazy photos without rolling their eyes at our silliness.
Thank to J-Go, Ben, and Lola (can't believe I didn't get one pic of that precious black lab) for a great time!
2009: Charlotte
2010: Jacksonville
2011: ??????????
I'm thinking Lake Martin, rent a beach house for the weekend, or make the trek to Bentonville, Arkansas, soon-to-be new home of the Bogues. What I do know is that there is a 99.9% chance someone will have a baby next year and the evolution of the college reunion weekend will continue. Exciting, crazy times.
No comments:
Post a Comment