My longtime college roommate, maid of honor, and dear sweet friend, Julia, flew into Birmingham in late June from Denver for a brief but wonderful girlfriends reunion weekend. I was so glad to host Julia, Leigh, and Morgan and get a chance to hang out and have some quality conversations with these special ladies who are some of my dearest friends. It's crazy when you think of all the time you had together when you lived with these girls in college, hung out everyday, and now we're spread out all over and sometimes only get to see each only once a year. I'm always so thankful for these deep friendships centered in Christ that the Lord blessed me with when I realize, no matter how long it's been since we last talked or saw each other face to face, that we still know each other so well. I am grateful for the love, support, prayers, wise counsel, and laughter of these sweet ladies. I'm also grateful for a sweet husband who volunteered to spend the night at my brother's so we could have a full blown, old school slumber party!
Blogging about the many blessings, struggles, and adventures in life, marriage, and parenthood as we seek to serve the King and advance His Kingdom
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Girlfriends Reunion Weekend
My longtime college roommate, maid of honor, and dear sweet friend, Julia, flew into Birmingham in late June from Denver for a brief but wonderful girlfriends reunion weekend. I was so glad to host Julia, Leigh, and Morgan and get a chance to hang out and have some quality conversations with these special ladies who are some of my dearest friends. It's crazy when you think of all the time you had together when you lived with these girls in college, hung out everyday, and now we're spread out all over and sometimes only get to see each only once a year. I'm always so thankful for these deep friendships centered in Christ that the Lord blessed me with when I realize, no matter how long it's been since we last talked or saw each other face to face, that we still know each other so well. I am grateful for the love, support, prayers, wise counsel, and laughter of these sweet ladies. I'm also grateful for a sweet husband who volunteered to spend the night at my brother's so we could have a full blown, old school slumber party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment