
So this is the brand new South Endzone expansion of Bryant-Denny Stadium (photo courtesy of Hoar Construction). It is beautiful and majestic and pristine, and I can't wait to see it up close and personal on game day. As an Alabama fan, this psyches you out of your mind because it's bigger and better and puts us among the largest sports facilities in the world. This taste of expansion makes you salivate for even more space for football glory - almost enough to pay a law student to look though pages and pages of state laws, codes, and regulations to figure out a legal way to move that dang cemetery to make way for a plaza....but I digress.
As new as it is, the South Endzone makes me feel crazy old. Why? Because these pictures are suddenly old....outdated...antiquated...relics...antiques...from times past.




They were taken only four years ago when we had our engagement photos shot in Tuscaloosa. Now, none of this exists, replaced by something new and better.
All of the sudden, we've joined the ranks of the "remember whens..."
I can here us now, telling our future kids, "When I went to school, that was just a sidewalk..." or "When I went to school, we walked to class cause we didn't have those fancy Crimson buses to ride in... or "When I went to school, that dorm was just a field of grass..."
Funny thing is we could actually say all those things now (sans the children we don't have to say them to) and many more.
The campus and community have changed so much since we graduated - all in better ways. More dorms, more shopping, more restaurants, more national championships. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying, makes a girl feel a little old.
No comments:
Post a Comment