This post is long overdue and part of a series I will call "Better Late Than Never: The Summer Recap."
Back in July we hosted a baby shower for my sweet friend, Anne, who is expecting her first baby in late November. We cannot wait to meet Baby Maggie and had the best girls time celebrating her soon-to-be arrival. A special thanks to J-Go's mom for letting us host the shower at her home and providing the hostess wisdom and all the Paula Deen strawberry cake and decorations that go with it to us hostess newbies.
We were pretty green considering this was my first (in what appears to be a long line) of baby showers to host. (Anne, hanks for being the guinea pig!) Ask me to host a lingerie shower or bachelorette party and I can do it in my sleep. Baby showers are a different story. But since then I've helped host two others with another scheduled in October. I think I'm getting the hang of things with the decorations, games, etc. I will have to attempt a diaper cake creation in a few weeks, so that may be a blog post of its own!
I added it up and I had/have nine baby showers to attend in a period of three months, and I am helping host about half. Keep in mind, these aren't for random friends. All are either for friends at church in our Sunday School class or for close college friends (think roommates and bridesmaids). It appears the baby bug has bit. We are so excited to meet all these new additions.
Now, for some pics from the shower....
Mom and daughter
With the grandmothers
All the guests. (Note five of the ten are preggers.)
Anne got so many cute, frilly, pink, ruffled things for Maggie. Baby girl shopping is just too much fun.
Roommate pic! These girls go way back. Long before husbands and babies.
Just call us the hostesses with the mostest!
And, I have to plug the amazing Icing on the Cookie iced cookies I got for the shower. Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment