Friday, October 15, 2010

Kickball Glory


Yes, I said, kickball. And contrary to popular opinion, it's not just an elementary school game anymore. Kickball is crazy popular with the young professional crowd in Birmingham and throughout the South now due to a Go Kickball league that started the craze. We've enjoyed playing with our KBR team, made up mostly of Robert's co-workers at KBR and also some others. We're about three quarters of the way through with our fall season now, but enjoyed our best game to date last Thursday. We shut out the other team 9-0. Everyone was getting on base. We were making outs right and left, with three-up, three-down almost every inning.

I personally think our amazing win can be attributed to these yummy cakes I made, but some of my teammates are questioning my logic on this one. They may be right, but being the superstitious gal I am, I may have to bring something sweet for the rest of our games.

The cupcakes were for my friend Jennifer's 26th birthday. Happy Birthday, Jen!

No comments: