Monday, April 25, 2011

April recap

I'm a little behind on blogging the non-pregnancy-related events from April. (Let's face it, these days most of what I, even what we, do is somehow pregnancy-related.) But I wanted to be sure and capture some of the fun memories from this month and the good times we have had with family and friends.

First off, we had a wonderful trip to Lexington, Kentucky to visit Robert's younger sister Liz and her husband Mike.

We managed to halfway surprise Liz with our visit, and she was a great sport about taking two last-minute visitors in stride. It was so fun to see them and celebrate her 27th birthday. We also timed our trip with Keeneland again this year after we had a blast at last year's race. Our betting was definitely off this year, but it was just as fun. And the weather was gorgeous. I love visiting Kentucky in the spring. Everything is is bloom.

This will probably be my last big (six plus hours in the car) trip until baby comes. I like to think that I've gotten pretty good at traveling in long car rides now that I've married into the Adams family, but this time around it was definitely more difficult with an ever-growing baby sloshing around in there and positioning himself on your vital organs without warning and at random intervals in between heated kickboxing sessions.

We also had a great time with my brother David and his girlfriend Emily at A-day in Tuscaloosa.


Emily and David scored us tickets in the Ivory Club courtesy of the generosity of Emily's sweet dad. Let's just say I could get very used to 50-yard-line tickets and buffets that last four quarters.



April also marked my baby brother Ryan (white tux jacket and Bieber hair, center) attending his senior (and hopefully last) prom. Unless he becomes one of those sketchy old graduated guys who gets invited back by the younger girls. Here's hoping he doesn't and instead upholds the family's honor.



Doesn't he look sharp in his tux though?



And of course we had a great time with my immediate and extended family celebrating Easter and Christ's resurrection. For many of my cousins, it was the first time they had seen me (or rather very visible Trey) since we announced our pregnancy at 12 weeks on Christmas Eve. Let's just say I got a few comments about having grown. :) If you missed the customary Summerville family Easter pic, check out the short but sweet Easter post.

No comments: