Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Dawgs Came to Play

Thanks to the generosity of a family friend, we got four free tixs to the Bama/Georgia game this past Saturday, and Rob's parents came to town to go with us. Though Bama played pretty horribly, we had a blast in Tuscaloosa - especially with the ESPN Gameday atmosphere. The quad was packed with people and there were no tickets to be found, though my brother David (who sweetly saved us a great parking place) came up with a creative yet lazy way to let the scalpers know he wanted to buy three.










After navigating to the Quad through the sea of Bama fans parked all over campus, we hit up the tailgate parties of several friends. I was so excited to see Amy, who came down from Charlotte with her boyfriend, Matt, for the game.


It was great to see Ash and Jen too. I miss these girls!




Yes, the advertising has stooped to new levels with advent of Coach Saben. As if "Saben Nation" "Two-thousand Saban" and "Spring Break 'O Saben" weren't enough, here's the official "Saban Slawdog." It thought this was too funny but, being the true Bama fan I am, was completely prepared to purchase one. You gotta love the excitement!



If you can't tell, I'm the only "non Prickett" in this group. I can't get over how much Leigh and her sisters, Laura Ann and Lyndsey, look so much alike. Laura Ann, the youngest, is definitely the tallest.


It was so good to see Morgan, who just returned from a year-long stint with Campus Crusade for Christ in Italy. It's so good to have you back, Mo!


Julia, I'm holding up a little finger above Leigh's shoulder to represent you. We just couldn't take this picture without you in it. I can't wait for you to come to the Ham in October!


We grabbed dinner in Crimson Cafe just before kickoff, and I snapped this pic of Robert and his mom.


Here's Rob and his dad in front of the Gameday stage. This is the first time Gameday has come to Tuscaloosa since we built the new promenade/crimson walk/plaza thingie (that I should really know the official name of) in the new north end zone area. So ESPN opted to set up here instead of on the Quad. The funny thing is they had to completely dismantle the stage and move it to the grassy area on the right two hours before kickoff so the players could do their traditional walk into the stadium. Then they set it back up for post-game coverage, which sadly turned into a Georgia fan fest.



A quick pic before kickoff...


...and here's your Alabama Crimson Tide!!!


The weekend wasn't completely devoted to football. My sweet mother-in-law made new drapes for our bedroom, living room, and bathroom. It was definitely a labor of love. They look so great. It's amazing how much the little touches can make a room. The white shear panels are the bedroom drapes.




We opted for roman shades in the dining room and bathroom. I love them!


Quick family pics before hitting the road back to Florence.




Mrs. Adams had the bathroom curtain monogrammed with our initials, which I love. She wisely opted for "T-A-R" instead of "R-A-T"!


No comments: