Monday, October 8, 2007

Jacksonville - Home of the Whitworths and an Offensive Bama Offense

Yes, we did return from Jacksonville after the Bama game, but I'm late on posting pics because silly me left the camera at J-Go and Ben's. Luckily, Ben's sweet brothers brought it up to Bham for us. Thanks Patrick and Michael!

Robert and I had a really great time visiting J-Go and Ben and seeing their cute townhome and fun city. It was so good to have several days with our close friends. The Whitworths were terrific hosts to all 20 or so of us Bama people who had the strange distinction of knowing no one but Jessica and Ben in all of Jacksonville. Thanks so much for the hospitality!


Friday night at some British pub catching up and watching South Florida win.

This is the back of their super cute, three-story townhome in downtown J-ville. (Notice that since Ben thought my car was so cool he bought an identical one!)

Here's J-Go standing at the front as we were getting ready to walk to the stadium.

Somehow, we're always waiting on the boys.. .:)

Robert's getting fired up.

Aww.. so cute.

I'm so glad we didn't accidentally go to the "unofficial" game. Sorry, I had to be a little sarcastic about this sign! Still, it was nice to be welcomed to the city.

The baseball stadium was on the way to the football stadium.

Here's the Tuscaloosa posse.

Home of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Stadiums right off the river always have a neat atmosphere.

We were pretty high but still had a great view of the not-so-great game.

Yes, this is one of our "Robert and Tiffany" wedding reception shakers. Little blurry, I know. It's the first time I had used one all year!

I told Robert this was our Holy Spirit photo since that's got to be what that nice glow is in the background nestled right above our heads! :)




I'm not sure why we have so many stadium pics. I think Robert took these while I went to buy a drink. Being a pro stadium, the food and beverage choices were far better than what our collegiate appetite was accustomed to. With turkey legs and boiled peanuts it was more like county fair food than football food. It definitely came with pro prices though, so we opted to pass ont he $8 beer.

With Ashley after the game. We definitely look a little shell-shocked.

And...the best picture of the weekend! This is what happens when you leave your camera at your friends' house.

No comments: