Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Clay and enjoyed spending three full days with everyone. Big Mama was gracious and let us spend the night at her house and made us a wonderful breakfast every morning. Lots of my extended family on the Haskew side (my mom's) got together for lunch at Big Mama's Thanksgiving Day. Most of my cousins have several kids each running around, so there's always plenty of excitement. This year, mom got very creative with how she would display her turkey, so I've included some pics of the food. Dad didn't fry a turkey this year like usual, but we had more than enough to go around and plenty of leftovers too.

On Friday we arose bright and early for some day-after shopping. I went with mom and my cousin Kristi at about 5:45 a.m. We didn't get back until 2 p.m., when I crashed for a three-hour nap and Robert took off to play racquetball with David, Ryan, and Madhi. Saturday's big event was going with David to get his tattoo - his 18th birthday present. Check out the pics. It was quite the experience. Ryan and I are now the last third of my immediate family not to have our own "ink." I'm not going to talk about the Iron Bowl (Let's just look ahead to next year.), but we did have a fun party with Victoria as our own personal Bama cheerleader. My cousin Eric and his family came by too, along with my Aunt Cathy and Uncle Chris, so it was great to see them. Somehow, I didn't get one photo of my infamous one-armed Canadian uncle who visted for the week.

No comments: