Blogging about the many blessings, struggles, and adventures in life, marriage, and parenthood as we seek to serve the King and advance His Kingdom
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Christmas Tree Farm
Sara and David, our friends from church, asked us to go with them the Sunday after Thanksgiving to pick out a real Christmas tree at a Christmas tree farm up 65 North. It took a while to get there, and we had to navigate through this super sketchy one-lane tunnel that snuck up on you after a blind curve. But we eventually arrived at Beavers Christmas Tree Farm, and perused for quite a while among the White Pines before eventually finding our perfect Christmas tree. At this point, I was all prepared to get pics of the whole cutting down stage (since they give you a hack saw and you have to cut it down yourself), but my Paul Bunyan like husband had the tree down before I could get a good photo! After carrying our tree to the side of the "road" (I must confess I didn't help a bit with this part), we walked back to the main area to pay while I tractor came by to pick up our tree. After paying, the workers loaded it on top of Rob's car for us, and we headed home (surviving the sketchy tunnel once more) to decorate our first real (as in alive) Christmas tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment