Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Demopolis Wedding


First Presbyterian Church - Demopolis, Alabama

This weekend we had the privilege of being a part of Parker and Kristy's wedding in Demopolis. It was our first trip to the quaint, Southern town in the Black Belt region of Alabama. I had so much fun hanging out with Alex's wife, Sam, while the boys did their groomsmenly activities on Friday, including playing golf at the country club. Sam and I explored the town, finished that pretty quickly and then decided to get our nails done before the rehearsal dinner. It rained pretty heavily right before the ceremony on Saturday but luckily cleared up in time for the wedding. The boys looked very handsome and quite Southern in their matching blue seersucker suits. Robert started not feeling well on Saturday but was quite the trooper through all the wedding activities.

Alex and Sam right before the wedding.

Pre-ceremony

The roommates

Parker was surprisingly calm all day!

Rob and the new "Mr. Dothan."

With the bride and groom at the reception

Look at that face! I think this was the "fake" toss when Kristy faked out all the single ladies ready to catch her bouquet.

Here's the real toss

Martin and Hallie.

Sam having fun with the bubbles.

Rob looking happy even though he wasn't feeling so great.

The send off!





Parker had to drive back by the church to drop off one of the smaller groomsmen who hid in the back of the SUV.



A little bit of matrimonial bliss. Sam and Alex will celebrate their first anniversary next month.

Jake, Rob, Spencer, and Alex

In front of the beautiful little church!

I think the hotel (one of three in Demopolis) was booked almost entirely by the wedding party.

Here are some photos from the rehearsal dinner.

Me with Katie (Kristy's sister) and Lisa, who both go to Faith with us. Lisa and her husband, Justin, did the music for the wedding.

Rob and Spence

The bride and groom at D-Day minus 1.
\
Parker with his replication.

Alex and Sam

Mrs. Johnson did a lovely job with the rehearsal dinner.

We had so much fun with Alex and Sam!



Robert loved the glass bottle cokes.

I also have to say a huge congratulations to my friend, Celeste, who was also married Saturday at Frost Chapel on the campus of Berry College in Rome, Georgia. I can't wait to see you pics, Celeste!

I can't believe it's almost August and we've wrapped up all our weddings for 2008. Congrats to the Bogues, Mullins, Rileys, and Johnsons. We loved being a part of your big days.

No comments: