Sunday, December 14, 2008

Second Anniversary


This past week we celebrated our second anniversary on December 9. Due to Robert having two finals that night and me having to write my last paper final, we ended up celebrating two days later.

My sweet brother, Kyle, who also has impeccable tastes, gave us a very generous gift card to Ruth Chris last year for Christmas (yes, last year - as in 2007). We had full intentions to use it during 2008 - first for Valentines, then for my birthday in March. When it was still unused we vowed to use it to celebrate the end of our spring semester of grad school, then the end of our summer semester, then Rob's birthday in August....

Well, somehow we never got around to eating at one of the best steakhouses in town completely free. Trust me, I know how completely insane that sounds. So, our second anniversary seemed like the perfect time to finally put that little baby to use.

And that's when we realized we had no clue where we had put it. The conversation went something like this (on, say, Wednesday morning of last week).

Rob: Do you know where that gift card is?
Tiff: No, I thought you had it.
Rob: Crap

So, Wednesday evening we completely tore our house apart looking for it - primarily the office. I have to admit Robert did most of the hunting while I was at a birthday party for a friend, but when I came home it was still un-found, and so I joined in on the search. And finally during his second look-through, Rob found it - with a victorious shout and fist pump.

So, we enjoyed an amazing night out and dinner courtesy of my brother and had a wonderful time celebrating two years of marriage. I really cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. I am so blessed to have the wonderful husband I have in Robert. He is such a servant leader and is always encouraging me to love others better and invest my time in what really matters - people. His patience and capacity to forgive are truly remarkable, which I have experienced first hand on countless occasions. I am so grateful for his love for Christ's church and eagerness to serve the body. I love you, babe! Thank you for your steadfast love and encouragement. I look forward to many more years as your wife.

So, here's a little trip down memory lane...December 9, 2006.


No comments: