
Today is my grandmother's birthday. I honestly don't know how old she is but am going to guess on the low side to be safe; I'll say early to mid-70s.
Actually, she doesn't read this blog so I think it's more like 78. On second thought, my mom does read this blog and she very well may show it to my grandmother...or at least tell her what I write. Therefore, my new educated guess on my grandmother's age is 29.
Sometimes I am amazed when I think of all my grandmother has experienced in her life. By the time she was my age (nearly 25), she had experienced a world war, nearly a decade of marriage to my grandfather, motherhood more than once over, and the loss of a baby.
She was my grandfather's loving wife for 60 years, caring for him throughout his struggle with Alzheimer's. She also cared for her five children, three of whom are still living. Today she is a mother of three, grandmother of nine, and great grandmother of nine. She is one of the strongest ladies I know and has finally earned a little time for herself...which she spends watching Desperate Housewives!
We love you, Big Mama! Happy 29th Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment