Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Today is my dad's 55th birthday. I know that because in a couple of weeks it will be my 25th birthday. He was thirty when I graced his and mom's life with joy and delight (and probably a few other thousand things we won't mention here), so I've always been able to remember his age because it's just my age plus 30. (Darn it, now my secret is out!)
I tried to find the most embrassing picture of him I could and this is all I got. Trust me, he got away easy because there are some pretty crazy ones out there. This is actually from our Fouth of July celebration last summer. I have no idea what he is eating. It was probably something he picked up from Scott McBrayer's election compaign tent!
Right now my dad is working had trying to "sell more toilets," or so he always told all my friend growing up, much to my chagrin. I mean, he could have just said manage the plumbing supply shop, right? But dad's humor is one of the things I love most about him, and he has a tremendous work ethic, providing for my family through the years. When I graduated college and got my first job I practically had to beg him to take the gas card back since I was earning a salary and could pay my own way. His response, "Well, why don't you hold on to it just it case."
I think we're all planning to celebrate the big 5-5 this Saturday at Leonardo's on Rocky Ridge with an all-out celebration! Can't wait. I love you Daddy and Happy Birthday!

No comments: