
Rob runs the BE5K each year and always enjoys it, and since BE&K pays for his sponsorship he ends up getting some exercise and a free t-shirt out of the deal. The race benefits Kid One Transport, a nonprofit providing transportation for low-income and rural children to doctor's appointments and other health-related visits. It's a great nonprofit.
Robert actually finished fourth in his age division! If you don't believe me (you should) check out his stats here. He's the third line on page 7. I would say 3.2 miles in 22:25 isn't bad for literally rolling out of bed, throwing on some shorts and a t-shirt, kissing his wife goodbye, driving downtown, getting out of the car, and starting to run. I'm sure it was all very Forrest Gump-esque. He just ran.
I, on the other hand, participated in zero physcical activity on Valentine's Day and instead had the pleasure of going to Decatur for a bridal shower for my sweet college roommate, Leigh. As you can see, she loaded up on a ton of great wedding gifts. It was so good to see her. I can't wait for her wedding - March 14!
And, finally, we headed to Trussville to babysit my little niece (technically my cousin's daughter, but for all practical purposes she's my niece - and it's just easier to say!) Victoria while her mom and dad went out for a nice Valentine's dinner. We had a great time reading books, building blocks, watching "Simba," aka The Lion King, and eating popcorn.


She is getting so grown up and is excited about "Baby Sister" who is arriving in late April. Though as big as Kristi is I don't know if she will make it full-term!

Okay, now that I look at these pics I thinks it's funny how completely unfit to babysit we look! Rob looks like he's about to fall alseep (he really wasn't), and I'm zombied out on the couch stealing the child's popcorn! Oh boy. We all survived, I promise!

Okay, now that I look at these pics I thinks it's funny how completely unfit to babysit we look! Rob looks like he's about to fall alseep (he really wasn't), and I'm zombied out on the couch stealing the child's popcorn! Oh boy. We all survived, I promise!
It really was a lovely Valentine's Day - topped off by these beautiful flowers my sweet husband sent me because he's just that thoughtful!


No comments:
Post a Comment