Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Taco Soup Recipe


Someone in our small group (think it was Sarah Sko) asked for my taco soup recipe, so I thought I would post it here. It's actually my mom's recipe, and she calls in Santa Fe Soup. (I double this for our small group, but one batch will make more than enough for a family. Leftovers freeze well too.)

Ingredients:

Soup

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 package Ranch dressing mix
2 packages taco seasoning mix
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can diced Rotel tomatoes and chilies
1 can tomato wedges
2 cans white corn (or one white, one yellow)
2 cups water

Garnish
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Chopped green onions
Hot sauce (if desired)
Serve over tortilla chips or corn chips (scoops)

Directions:
Brown beef in a large skillet; add onions to saute with beef; drain to remove excess fat; Add Ranch and taco seasoning; Add remaining canned ingredients WITH juices from all; Add water; simmer for 2 hours.

Garnish and serve over chips. Can also be served over rice. Chicken or pork can be substituted for beef.

ENJOY!

No comments: