Yesterday, my dad hosted his company's annual BBQ, and I think every plumber in Birmingham was in attendance. They had a huge crowd! But who wouldn't be attracted by the allure of free, lip-smacking-good BBQ. They had quite the spread of ribs and Boston Butt pulled-pork, along with all the fixins. So Robert and I, being the supportive (and hungry) daughter and son-in-law we are, dropped by to join in on the festivities.
This is dad's purchasing manager, Matt, working the grill. (Which you should note is made out of bathtubs! I'd say GLS is going green with that bit of recycling.) I had to stop and tell Matt congratulations because his wife just had a beautiful baby girl. They are quite the Alabama fans, and he was telling me about his new daughter's houndstooth burp cloth with "I drool Crimson" monogrammed on the front. Love it!
My brother Kyle was fresh off his plane trip home from Ireland (landed in Bham at 6:30 p.m. the day before after an all-day flight) after a 9-day hiatus that involved lots of pub hopping and eating of potatoes, among other things I haven't yet heard about. I can't wait to see his pics this weekend. He traveled with my Canadian cousin Lydia and her friend, and it sounds like they had a blast.
More pics of the crowd chowing down. Mom, David, and Ryan pulled up just as we were heading back for meetings so I didn't get a chance to grab a pic with them, but everyone had a great time. Thanks, dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment