Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Season Finales

Now that school's out for the summer (at least for me), I have to confess that I've turned into somewhat of a TV junkie. It actually probably started with the advent of Direct TV into our lives (which we claimed we needed for football season) and the wonderful capacity to DVR shows. I typically haven't been a huge TV watcher. Generally I'm more consumed with cleaning or yard work or school or some random project I've taken on. But DVR has allowed us to actually have favorite shows and follow them.


So this spring semester we've been huge fans of Chuck (Yes, NBC, I'm still mad at you for almost canceling it and only committing to start it mid-season in 2010. That's just lame. But the season finale was pretty awesome.)


How I Met Your Mother (which I am convinced is the new Friends. They hang out in the pub below their new york apartment and talk about life, and it's hilarious.)

30Rock (Which is also just hilarious. Who doesn't love Alec Baldwin? Kenneth and Tracy are definitely my favorites through.)


And, of course, The Amazing Race. (No surprise here for regular blog readers. By the way, I'm so glad Tammy and Victor won. Luke turned out to truly be the "sinister deaf kid." I was not a fan.)


We even managed to catch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy, which I must say was the only episode we saw all year and the first I've seen in several years. We had no clue about the back story on any of the characters and didn't even know who some of the new folks were, but five minutes from the end when Robert said, "It's O'Malley!" we were just as shocked and devastated as those who tuned in faithfully each week. What a gut wrencher!


Lately with all the rain, zero school responsibilities, and having hit a serious roadblock in selecting a fabric for the headboard I plan to upholster for the guest room, I've had a chance to watch more shows I haven't watched in years, namely The Bachelorette. Seriously, it's probably been since junior year of college that I sat with my roommates faithfully each week to watch this show or its predecessor, The Bachelor. I know, I know, it's just not that great of a show, but there's nothing else on TV during the summer, so what's a girl to do?


So last night Robert is slaving away on his paper after a long day of work and class and I'm talking to Jullian on the TV about how cheesy or trashy so-and-so guy is and that she better be smart enough to not even give him a chance, much less a rose. But who are we kidding? She's on the show to begin with, which puts her aptitude seriously in question. (At least I'm ironing some of Robert's dress shirts while I'm doing this, so my time wasn't completely wasted.)

No comments: