Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bama/Kentucky in Lexington


We just got back to Birmingham after a super fun weekend in Lexington visiting with Liz and Mike, Robert's sister and brother-in-law. Kyle, David, and Shelby joined us for the trip up to Kentucky, and we were able to cross another SEC stadium off our "have visited" list. I'm down to Vandy, Arkansas, and Georgia left to see. I've been to Nashville, Fayetteville, and Athens but never to an SEC game there. I'm tempted to count 1996 when dad took us to the Olympic soccer game in Athens between the USA and some other country, but I don't think that will fly.

This was the first weekend it truly felt like fall. The weather was beautiful and Lexington is such a cute little college town. Mike and Liz have the cutest little duplex not far from campus, so we were able to walk down to meet up with some of their UK friends (Mike's in dental school there) to tailgate before the game. Everyone was so hospitable, and we eat like kings all weekend.

We played a little cornhole before heading to the stadium.



We were able to sit with Mike and Liz in the dental student section and had GREAT seats - 50 yard line.

I was able to meet up with Amy GB during half to give her a quick hug. She was there with the whole Gillis clan. I'm so grateful for the extra opportunities I get to see all my dear college friends during football season. We are spread out throughout the Southeast but all travel pretty well to the games, so it's great to be able to see each other at least once a month during the fall.

I wish I had taken some pics of Liz's cute house because she has it decorated so nicely. We all were so relaxed and just enjoyed hanging out with family and watching some good football all weekend...and sleeping.

Lexington was really picturesque. Beautiful horse farms with miles of white picket fences and this random castle which Shelby fell in love with, so I had to post a pic of "Shelby's castle."

No comments: