We had our Sunday School class over Friday night for a Winter Olympics 2010 Kick-Off Party (cheesy, I know, but turned out to be super fun - here's the evite pic), and I ended up spending all night at the party in my snow boots becase I never got around to changing (figured they actually went fairly well with the party theme).
Though everything else was covered in snow, the roads were completely clear, and since I never once ventured off of them, my legs were exhausted from my half hour walk in heavy boots when tennis shoes would have entirely sufficed. Needless to say, they were quickly retired back to the closet (all the novelty long gone) after I finally made it back home at a much slower pace than when I first started. (Definitely got my calf workout in for the day.)
Long intro to get to the main part of this blog post - snowmen. On my walk, I quickly realized people in Homewood love to build snowmen. They were everywhere. And some of them were beyond creative. Others were hilarious in their various states of form. Let's just say in Alabama, the life expectancy of a snowman is short. I snapped pics of the ones I was brave enough to take a picture of without looking like a creepy person w ith a camera stalking everyone's yards. These are some of my favorites - with the cheesy names I've given them.
"True Fan" - you all know why. RTR.
"Valley Forge" - doesn't he look just like George Washington?
"Feeling the Spirit" - something about that second one just makes me think of a north Alabama spiritual revival where everyone is full of the spirit and falling out on the floor - or a robbery.
"Old Green Eyes" - sorry, I know I'm streaching, but I figured a slightly revised Frank Sinatra reference couldn't hurt. What are those? Easter eggs?
"Mount Wannahackaloogie" - I don't know why this one makes me think of that scene in Finding Nemo, but does. And Lost, and any other surviver-like, tribal movie. Yes, that's a dead mum in his head. You can't tell it but this one was huge. Probably as tall as me. Very impressive.
"Camellia" - props for using the state flower.
"Morrie" - becuase for some reason this one reminds me of what Morrie would look like from Tuesdays with Morrie. Actually never read the book, so I could be completely bombing this one.
"Morning After" - this guy was done in either by the rising temps, the ball, or the all-night neighborhood snowman party. Note the Coors Light beer can in the middle forefront. Hilarious.
"There's a Snake in my Boots" - everyone loves a cowboy...and Toy Story.
"Short and Stumpy" - because we're all special, regardless of body type. This is coming from a girl who has to buy petite jeans and can never find them in the perfect length.

No comments:
Post a Comment