
For those of you who don't yet know, we are expecting our first child in July! Baby Adams is **supposed** to make his/her debut July 6, 2011. After telling our family over the Christmas holidays (see the Christmas posts for how we shared the big news) at 12.5 weeks, we broke the news to friends and went "Facebook public" on January 4.
We are excited...nervous...slightly terrified and feeling largely inadequate and unprepared. All reactions I think are probably perfectly normal. It's funny how more real it all seems now that everyone knows. For a while there it was just Robert and mine's big, little, happy secret, which was hard to hide given my nausea, extreme fatigue, and sudden onset of sobriety.
I have a terrible memory, so I started a small pregnancy journal on a post-it note (not joking when I say small) at week 6 when we had our first ultrasound - mainly to chronicle how I was feeling in the first trimester cause goodness knows I won't remember the second time around when I'm trying to compare pregnancies. In the following weeks I added to it with a little more detail about how I was feeling. I'll probably post some very honest thoughts from that on another post. You're welcome to skip that read if it's boring or gross. It's primarily for my institutional family memory.
I do have to say that Facebook is extremely good at making you feel loved and part of community. Anyone who has had a birthday while on Facebook knows this. It's especially true when you post big news like expecting a baby. In all of 30 seconds 15 friends have liked and commented their overjoyedness at your big news. In 24 hours, more than a hundred friends have shared your joy. Definitely helps to get you excited about something that up until that point caused a lot of worry and nausea. :)
The short of it is that Baby A is doing great today at 15 weeks, growing on schedule, and treating mom much more nicely now that the second trimester has come and I have more energy and less nausea. Though I have to say I have been very fortunate to have such minimal morning sickness that seems to render some women incapacitated for three months.
That's all for now. More baby news to come with ultrasound pics, OB appointment stories, and the 411 on the first trimester as I try to catch everyone back up on where we are in this pregnancy.
We are thankful to God for the opportunity and privilege to be parents and for this special life. We pray he will claim Baby A for his own and use him/her in a mighty way for the advancement of his kingdom. Trusting in his promises, we know there are good things to come! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment