Wednesday, March 9, 2011

27 and 23 weeks pregnant

Today is my 27th birthday, and it marks 23 weeks of pregnancy. Not sure I ever thought I'd be 27 and 23 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Don't know that I necessarily had a time line, and not sure if this fits it or not, but it certainly is exciting.

My sweet dad took me out today for an early birthday lunch. We were talking about getting excited about Trey coming, and about my youngest brother going to college next fall, and about both getting older. (Dad recently turned 57 and now I'm turning 27 - true to our 30 years apart nature which always helps us remember each other's age.) Dad made a comment that he would be 61 when Ryan graduates college in four years. I told him I would have a four-year-old! I think I won.

In pregnancy news, Trey has definitely made his presence known. I swear I've grown several inches and lots of roundness in the last two weeks alone. It's as if one day he just popped, and since then my tummy has been getting bigger and bigger. Here's the belly at 23 weeks. (Not the best picture after a long day at work, but you get the point - he's growing!)

Case in point, I had no less than 10 ladies come up to me at a Junior League meeting last Monday and say, "I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats!" Another 10 who did know I was expecting said something like, "Wow, that baby is getting big." Same comments followed at church the next week. Yes, I think Trey has now made his presence known visibly for the world to see.

I have my next OB appointment Thursday, so we'll have to see just how big the little man is getting and how many pounds I've gained since last time. I think it's on the up and up, but apparently that's par for the course at this stage. Hopefully I'll have a new ultrasounds pic to post along with some updates on his size and development. Stay tuned for details.

In other news, my belly button is shrinking. Literally. This is so strange. I came to the realization last week when I looked down and noticed it was smaller, or narrower. I can barely fit my pinky finger in there. So weird!

Nursery plans are coming along. I'm making progress on fabrics for bedding and curtains, have ordered some swatches, and am hoping to make final selections soon. We have a good idea of what we want to do to the room as far as paint color and molding, but need to make some final selections and pick a weekend to get to work on some actual construction and fixing up. Have a great armoire I need to paint antique white. Have made absolutely no progress on a crib purchase after searching everywhere and looking at a gazillion options. I only a general idea of what I want. I'm going to hope that I just know it when I see it, and that that retail epiphany happens sometimes soon. We own two (2) newborn diapers.

But Trey's collection of cute bibs, burp clothes, and clothes is growing steadily thanks to my inability to refrain from buying him a cute outfit when I see it. Case in point, this precious Kissy Kissy polka dot sleeveless romber I got off Zulilly. Love it.

And the burp clothes and bibs. So cute!

No comments: