
We had our 27 week doctor appointment last Thursday. So very thankful for a good report and especially for a great ultrasound tech who took lots of personal time with us and then gave us some of the first 4D shots of Trey we have seen. It's amazing to see his features and be in awe of what God is forming as he knits together our son in the womb. I happen to think he's a pretty cute little guy. Surprisingly to me, these pictures really made me so excited to meet him. Just the day before I had told a friend that yes, I couldn't wait to meet him - but maybe I could wait a little bit longer! There's just so much to get ready for with such a big change in life. But then after seeing him, looking all baby-like with defined features, including a cute little nose and what I swear is Robert's chin, I really just couldn't wait to have him here.
We ended up with three nice 4D shots. His eyes are closed in all (he's not really old enough to open them yet), but the first time I saw the picture immediately below I saw it from the perspective of his eyes being open, like one of those trick images where they ask if you if you see the wrinkled old woman or the beautiful young woman, and it's all about your perspective. So of course, then Robert starts seeing it that way, and now it's hard to go back and see it the normal/actual way with his cute little eyes closed. So now we jokingly call this his mean, shifty eyes portrait because from that perspective it looks like he's not happy with us for spying on him in utero.

I love this shot because you can see his little hand with five fingers (which trust me I was quickly counting as soon as it came into view). Being the nonscientific new mom I am, I asked the tech what the fourth dimension in 4D was, to which she replied movement/time. Sure enough, as we were zoomed in looking at Trey's face in 4D, he (for the first time cooperating) brought his little hand up to is face. It really was the neatest thing.

So here are our 27 week stats:
Trey
- Measured a week ahead per ultrasound measurements (28.1 weeks)
- Weighed in at 2.5 pounds
- 60-something percentile (can't remember exactly, but 8 weeks ago he was 51st)
- Heartbeat was strong during doppler
- Doing his thing head down - which isn't a huge deal at this stage but better than being breach
- Passed my glucose test. Hooray! By the way, not eating and drinking for two hours prior to the test was extremely hard. I've been trying to really increase my water intake during pregnancy to be sure and stay hydrated. I've also had lots of dry mouth through this pregnancy, so it really was tough to lay of on the H2O for that long. And, the drink it crazy sweet, like Sunkist on crack.
- Fundal height measurement was 26.5 weeks, so pretty much right on target. First time they've done one. It's cool to me that you can measure the size of the uterus to determine if the fetal growth is on target. Obviously, this was more helpful in pre-ultrasound days, but still very neat to know that if you measure from the top of the public bone to the top of the uterus in centimeters, it should match the baby's gestational age within one to three centimeters.
- Saw Dr. Richard Davis, another man in the MFM practice who could deliver Trey. He was great. Took the time to answer my huge list of questions, which is always appreciated.
- Had lots of blood work taken. I'm pretty sure they tested for mine and baby's Rh compatibility, but I forgot to follow up on that. I'm guessing we'll find out at our next appointment whether or not we match.
- Total weight gain to date: 20 pounds.
- Next appointment in 3 weeks on May 2 at 30 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment