Thursday, May 5, 2011

Praying for your husband



A dear friend shared this over email recently (something she and her husband received at a marriage conference), and it's something I've been trying to incorporate in my daily habits (not too successfully yet) as a way to faithfully pray for Robert. I wanted to post it here since it was such an encouragment to me and a great reminder of one small way to better serve and support him in my role as his wife and to lift all our cares before the Lord.


How great is my unbelief (and small my view of my sovereign King) that I don't spend more time in prayer. In the words of that great hymn Come Ye Sinners,


He is able. He is able.


He is willing. Doubt no more.



Prayers for my Husband…


Monday - You, O Lord, are faithful and gracious to my husband, fulfilling Your every promise in his life. Lift him up this day and lighten any heavy burden he is experiencing. Be his strength, his hope, his answer today. May he find favor with God and with man as he stands for truth in each circumstance he encounters knowing that You are directing his every step and are pleased. Amen


Tuesday - Lord, I thank You for the gift of my husband and for the wisdom You have instilled in him. As he seeks to serve and honor You this day, may he know how grateful I am for his love, faithfulness, care and provision. Show me how I can better support him, and help me to be a place of encouragement, safety and refuge. Amen


Wednesday - Jesus, I praise You for a spirit of unity that binds us together in our marriage. Teach me to live in complete harmony with my husband and to have the same selfless attitude that You demonstrated. I pray that in all we face, whether struggle or joy, we will be drawn closer together and that we will glorify You. May we live joyfully and abundantly in Your love each day of our lives. Amen


Thursday - Almighty God, You have given my husband every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus and You supply all his needs. I pray he always finds his true worth in You and that I will be to him a reflection of Your love. Bless him with God-given dreams and visions for the future, and help me to affirm, support and encourage that calling. Lead us forward in perfect unity of heart and mind. Amen


Friday - Holy God, my husband and marriage are a blessing from You. I celebrate all You are doing in our relationship. Help me to see my husband through Your eyes, to value him with Your heart, and to fully express my love and respect for him in ways that are meaningful. When life gets crazy, I pray we find refuge in You and one another. Fill our home with joy and laughter. May we always delight in the love you have given us. Amen


Saturday - Lord Jesus, I am thankful for a life-long covenant partner and for all You are teaching us along this journey of marriage. Each day help me to honor my husband in thought, word and deed. I pray our marriage will bring hope to others and glory to Your name as we submit ourselves to one another and You. All praise to God! Amen

Sunday - Father, as my husband worships You this day, I pray You give him a new revolution of who You are. Draw him with your Spirit and refresh his soul. Fill him up with You, God. May the power of Your Word renew his mind and encourage his heart, and may he find Sabbath rest in Your presence. Amen

No comments: