The short and sweet is that all is well and Baby Trey looks good and is growing on schedule. We are so blessed and grateful for God's goodness throughout all the stages of this pregnancy.
The Highlights (in brief):
-Trey is head down (or was last week) and in his birthing position. He's kicking up a storm - mostly to my lungs. Little buddy is getting strong, and mom's taking a beating.
-Fundal measurement was 31 cm- right on target for two days shy of 31 weeks when they took it.
-Heart rate was strong. Came through loud and clear on the doppler. Dr. Richards found it nearly immediately, and also found his head - nestled down there in my pelvis. Again, he's getting big.
-Weight gain was consistent with 28 week appointment - I'm still hovering at about 20 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight, though I suspect that is currently on the rise given the rapid weight gain he goes through in the next eight weeks (doubling weight). He's probably between 3.5 and 4 pounds right now.
-Ultrasound appointment coming next Monday (May 16) so hopefully we'll have some more pics to post on our little man as well as updates on his size and progress to date.
In other news, this post and the others I've been meaning to write for the past three weeks are delayed mostly because we've been crazy busy lately with nursery and baby prep, childbirth classes, work, volunteering, church, disaster response, etc.
I have been meaning to blog about the storms and how God has used them to teach Robert and I so much about the gospel, what it means to be Christ's hands and feet to a hurting community, how to really help, etc.
I also have a mother's day post in here somewhere and hope to get that up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment