No real news to report here except that all is on track for our induction in FIVE days on June 29th. Where has nine months gone?
We had our 38 week appointment on Thursday and Trey passed his BioPhysical Profile ultrasound test with flying colors again at 38 weeks, moving around enough to satisfy the ultrasound technician and breathing well. My amniotic fluid levels were again good, and my blood pressure was the best it has been in about four weeks! It's been in the normal range all along but was slightly elevated (above my norm) in the past month. This week it dropped back down to my normal rate, 100/62, so I was pretty pumped about that. The swelling in my feet, though still present, also seemed less prominent this week, I think because the rain has cooled off the temps. I swear there's a direct correlation between the heat and the size of my feet.
We (I say "we" now because Trey is contributing a good 7 plus pounds) weighed in at 154 pounds on Thursday - 32 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. While meeting with the OB I fully expected a vaginal exam to check for dilation (and had prepped Robert accordingly to witness the traumatic experience since he accompanied me on this last appointment) but to my surprise, and honestly relief, she didn't even bother with it. Seems it's not a big deal either way at this point since we know we're going to go in and get him on Wednesday regardless of how my cervix is cooperating. Little Buddy's cookin time is about to officially expire.
Once again we got what seemed like strangely few and far too simple official induction instructions: 1) no eating or drinking for me after midnight, and 2) be at the hospital at 7 a.m. Wednesday morning. I think we can handle that. We also got the warning the induction could take a long, long time. I'm fully expecting a late afternoon or Wednesday night baby but apparently it could even be much longer than that. I might need to rethink what I've packed for our waiting-time entertainment and beef it up a little. But hopefully Trey will get with the program and do his thing.
This week I've been in high gear (major adrenaline rush) trying to wrap up everything at work. Seriously haven't had this much energy in weeks. When I start back in late September after my 12 weeks of maternity leave I'm going to be transitioning to a new position as a major gifts officer for UAB's College of Arts and Sciences in a part-time capacity. I'm super excited about this opportunity to be more of a front-line fundraiser and expand my development experience as well as the flexibility it provides to have some time at home with Trey each week. But, due to the transition, I've had to wrap up some projects for my current position, Assistant Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, as well as pack up my office since I'll be relocating to a new building across campus. And, the lady who is temporarily replacing me until a new Assistant Director is hired couldn't start until Monday, so I'll be cross-training her for good chunks of the day next week on Monday and Tuesday with limited time to wrap up the few projects remaining. All that to say this workday was spent in high gear packing up my office, sorting files, finishing projects, etc.
Robert has actually been in nesting and cleaning mode, tackling cleaning out our attic this week and doing some major sorting, purging, and reorganizing of the crazy amounts of stuff we've accumulated up there in four and a half years of marriage. So thankful for his willingness to take on this project and knock it out before Trey arrives.
This weekend we're taking a fun date night out and I'm also grabbing lunch with a sweet college friend and former roommate, Leigh. I can't wait to see her baby boy, Jack, who I'm sure has just grown like a weed since I last saw him. And of course I've got the pre-delivery pedicure on the weekend agenda.
I'm also hoping to straighten up the house and wash the sheets. And probably double check our hospital bags just to make sure I've packed everything. (A little obsessive compulsive? Probably. But if I sleep better Tuesday night it will be worth it.)
This week I commenced and completed "Operation Cake Pops," putting together some special treats for our friends and family who come to visit and welcome Trey in the hospital and after we get home. Robert was slightly appalled at the shear number of cake pops in our kitchen and now in our freezer. But seriously, everyone knows cake pops come in the dozens. There's just no other way to make them, Plus there's no way you can eat just one. We've been thoroughly enjoying my trial batch the past several weeks anyway. Hmm...maybe that's contributed to those 32 pounds of baby weight we're tallying up to these days.
And finally, though they really aren't pretty, here are the pictures at 37 and 38 weeks, respectively.
The first was taken on Monday, two days shy of 38 weeks. The second was taken today (Friday) at 38 weeks, 2 days. (Both with our brand new Nikon camera Robert ordered which is amazing. I think it will be perfect to capture all the memories of our little man as he makes his debut.)
You can see that I'm pretty much ginormous (even Ashton Kutcher's camera can't make that look good), but as large as I look and feel Trey really feels so much larger instead me these days. He moves and literally my whole abdomen responds to the "sea monster" rolling and tumbling in there. Certain body parts (especially his little hiney) are very recognizable these days. I think he's a little cramped for space.
Last weekend we wrapped up shopping for baby and the only items left to order are our Bob Revolution jogging stroller. His cute little monogrammed diaper bag from pottery barn kids arrived this week, so I think we're good to go.
I think...
No comments:
Post a Comment