Saturday, July 2, 2011

Introducing Baby Trey!


















Robert Stephen "Trey" Adams III
June 30, 2011 - 5:52 a.m.
7 lbs, 8 ounces - 20 inches





















Robert Stephen "Trey" Adams III made his big at 5:52 a.m. on June 30, 2011, weighing in at 7 lbs, 8 ounches and 20 inches long! We are all doing well and are so grateful to the Lord for a healthy baby boy.

We arrived at the hospital for our induction June 29 at 39 weeks pregnant. I was slow to progress with the pitocin and after 22 hours in labor and delivery we ended up having a c-section early in the morning on June 30. (Luckily, I had a wonderful epidural and got some of the best sleep - off and on - during labor!) I did spike a fever during the night which meant I had an infection that was threatening to pass to baby Trey the longer I labored. At 5 a.m. at 9 cm dilated the physicians made the call to perform the section due to my failure to progress fully and the infection I presented with. Less than an hour later we met our sweet baby boy who was healthy and well (no infection) and had a full set of hair! It has been such a joy getting to know our son these past three days. He is breastfeeding like a champ, and for that I am especially grateful.

We're currently at UAB's Women & Infants Center (Room 6391) and will go home on Monday, July 4. Our stay was extended a little since I have to finish a round of antibiotics due to the infection.

Thank you for all the wonderful and encouraging prayers, texts, calls, facebook messages, tweets, and emails. We have been so blessed by your love and support and appreciate your visits and calls!

We look forward to introducing you to Trey! He has loved all his visitors.

No comments: