My mom is participating in a Walk to Remember on Saturday to raise money for Alzheimer's reasearch. I'm so proud of her. I've pasted her email about the race below:
Being of poor mind and body, I recently “walked” the Race for a Cure and Crosspoint’s 5k. With very little preparation this 48 year old SURVIVED!
Now I’m on a roll. I have spontaneously and very last minute decided to walk for a cause that is very close to my heart. It is the Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama’s 13th annual Walking to Remember event at Riverchase Galleria, THIS Saturday, November 3rd.
I am the first member :0) on "Big Daddy’s Team" and if anyone would like to join me that would be great! It is a 3-mile, family-friendly indoor walk. Registration begins at 7:30 and the Walk will start at 8:30.
Of course, the purpose of the walk is to raise money for Alzheimer’s research. If you would LIKE to contribute (no pressure) please do so by going to www.alzca.org and clicking on the donate button at the top of the page. Enter “Big Daddy’s Team” in the “review your order” section.
Hope some of you can join me and at least a few will donate. :0). You are all special to me and have played a significant roll in our journey with this disease.
Thanks so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment