Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow

I woke up this Sunday morning, looked out the window, and realized it was snowing like crazy...in Birmingham. (In case you don't believe me, here's the proof. Yep, that blue stuff is snow, folks.)

These are the thoughts that went through my head:
  • What's that white stuff?
  • You mean the weather guys were right???
  • It's March 1st for crying out loud, and spring break is just two weeks away. This is a severe blow to the progression of my spring fever.
  • Oh man, I guess I should have gone out and bought milk and bread yesterday like everyone else in the city.
  • That's silly, Tiffany, you can walk to a Publix from your house.
  • Why are those people running in the elements? (Crazy, Homewood joggers.)
  • I wonder if I can wear my snow boots to church?
  • Will Robert be mad if I wake him up to see this?
And, for further proof, here's the house. (Yes, I walked out in my pjs at 7 a.m. in the frigid craziness to take these pics.)

And car...

And backyard...

I felt like I should apologize to these pansies I planted last weekend. I think they hate me.

And my overzealous tulip tree in the back yard that just started blooming this week is certainly going to regret jumping the gun. It does this every year.

And, just for fun, as I was saving these pics I realized I already had a folder titled snow from January 2008. Looks like March 2009 snow was just a little heavier (in my expert meteorological opinion) than what we got in 2008.

Enough talk about snow. I'm going to go drink some hot tea because I'm freezing.

No comments: