Monday, March 28, 2011

www.tagxedo.com



Robert found this really neat website that makes a fun word image based on the words (and frequency in which they are used) listed on any particular website, in a twitter feed, etc. The above image is what resulted when he tried it out on our blog. I think this is just the neatest thing. Obviously, based on the word selection, our blog content has taken a turn in the last six months to baby news, which must have influenced the large pregnancy-related words. (I think Robert customized the image to the duck with the blue background, so it's unrelated to content.) Actually, all this would really be based on blog content in the last three months, since we didn't announce our pregnancy on the blog until early January. Regardless it's very cool.



Check it out at http://www.tagxedo.com/, and my apologies to any readers I've lost because of what has obviously become a blog with 90% baby news content. Part of it is just our current stage of life, but I'm definitely going to make an effort to diversify my posts to be more comprehensive of all that's going on right now. I already treat our blog as a family journal of sorts, and right now our family is certainly focused on getting ready for Baby Trey, but still -all this baby news might be a little rediculous. I'll work on toning it down a notch.


Also, as a writer, this image and the words that compose it are very revealing. For one, I use the words "sweet," "certainly," "definitely," and "amazing" entirely too much. These must be my crutch words I go to when I'm lazy and don't want to think of better, sharper adjectives. Another item to work on. Here's the image Robert got for University of Alabama's website: http://www.ua.edu/. I'm pretty sure that he appropriately picked the elephant shape to display it in. Still pretty tight though.




Here's the image from my twitter feed - @tiffanyadams. I think it's a really accurate representation of my feed content.




Try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments: