Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby Showers Galore!



Our sweet church family threw us a baby shower on May 21st. I am so thankful to my precious hostesses who completely outdid themselves with the food and decorations. Doesn't everything look just beautiful! And it was all so delicious too. A huge thank you to Hallie, Ruth, Brenda, Sara, Laura Lee, and Monica for all the effort they put into making me feel so special and showing Christ's love to our growing family!


I had to also include a pic of the invitation because it was just so precious.


I was especially thankful to have so many members of our family attend this shower. Robert's mom and sisters all made long trips from South Carolina and Kentucky with their families to be with us to celebrate. It was wonderful to not only have them there for this special time but to have their immeasurable help with setting up the nursery, sorting through gifts, and making sure everything was all set for Trey's arrival. We made so much progress in one weekend it was unbelievable. Between this shower and another my sweet colleagues at work threw the day before, we had so many great gifts for Trey to put out and set up.


I was also so glad to have my mom, Big Mama (grandmother), and David's sweet girlfriend Emily (who made the trip from Tuscaloosa) there. I love these family shots Monica took for us.


While posting all these shower pics I've discovered it's really hard to have pictures made of you while opening gifts and not end up looking like your mouth is wide open the whole time! Let's just say I was giving lots of "ohhs" and "ahhs" over all the precious things Trey received!



Trey's Aunt Rebecca got him his first little backpack with his name monogrammed and with little airplanes to match his daddy, and Trey's MiMi gave him this precious stuffed elephant with his named monogrammed on the ear, which is currently hanging out in his crib waiting on him.




We got so many cute burp clothes and great books and lots of wonderful other items. I am so grateful to our sweet church family for truly showering us with blessings - not just physical but with the prayers, encouragement, love, advice, and support they have shown the past eight months and will no doubt continue to show as we embark on parenthood.


Oh, and I just love the wipe case and custom shoes Trey's Aunt Liz made for him. Perfect for gameday!


Thank you sweet church family (and your adorable kiddos) for coming out to the shower!

 

No comments: