Thursday, June 9, 2011

T minus 20 days (aka, 36 week update)

Had our 36 week doctor's appointment today and my OB officially set our induction date for June 29th!

Holy moly.

We're going to have a real, live, hungry, needy, cute, little, baby - outside of the womb - in 20 days! Let the official countdown begin.

We are very thankful for another good report. Trey again passed his BPP ultrasound test, moving enough to make them happy with his viability even though he was mostly asleep the whole time. He was doing the cutest thing swallowing in his sleep though. It was so neat to see it on the ultrasound. He's head down and basically crammed in there from head to toe. Not much room to move around these days.

My amniotic fluid levels were again good. So was my blood pressure. This was also the first time I've had a vaginal exam during pregnancy - to check for dilation. Let's just say there was none. I think the word "closed" was used one more than one occasion. I gained two more pounds this week to total 152. Which is actually right at 30 over pre-pregnancy weight. (I did the match wrong on the l35 week post and was only 28 pounds above pre-pregnancy last week.)

And here's the 36 week pic of the ginormous belly...scratch that...baby. Next week they'll take his measurements during the ultrasound so we'll get an idea of just how much he's weighing in at two weeks before birth.



On the home front I made major progress this week in getting ready for his arrival. Mostly because I started freaking out after feeling different pains and pressures down there. (Not sure they were contractions but maybe just pains from him dropping; can't really tell if he has but regardless things are feeling a little different these days.) Of course, it could be related to the four miles I walked Tuesday night, after which I was pretty sure I was going to die. There was definitely some prayer that I would make it to the end of the trail and back to my car without my legs falling off. I think it's just getting harder to carry the extra weight for that long, so I'm probably going to have to adjust my exercise routine to less activity more regularly.

Regardless, as of Tuesday night our bags are now packed and ready to go.

Detailed the car this weekend. (Only to have it randomly egged while parked on our street in front of our house! Seriously, who does that? Needless to say, the outside also got a good cleaning this week.) And installed the carseat!

We also had our list childbirth class this week. Monday night we took an Infant CPR course at UAB, actually a seperate course offered independently of the childbirth class series. It was Robert's idea and was probably the best $10 we've ever spent. I hope we never have to use it but I'm so glad to now at least be prepared. It only lasted about an hour and a half, and we even brought home the blow-up doll so we can practice if we need too. Or if any of you parents to be out there want to borrow it you just let me know. I'm sure you can find the American Heart Association practice videos online.

We've ordered a new camera since we're actually going to have someone cute to take pics of, which should be arriving from Amazon tomorrow.

Robert is picking up our long-awaited rocker and ottoman tomorrow, so the last piece of the nursery will be complete, and then I promise I will post nursery pics this weekend! (Just had to wait until it was "finished"!)

T minus 20 days!

No comments: